Successfully complete the game, and save when prompted. You can start a new session with a cleared saved game file to begin with your previously obtained augments and other items. Note: This can be done only a total of three times on the same cleared saved game file.Whyt's (Poochika's) body skins
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding body skin for Whyt (Poochika):
- Dragoon: Score 9,999 points in Kain's 100 Meter Jump mini-game.
- Goblin: Successfully complete the main story two times.
- Ninja: Score 9,999 points in Edge's 100 Shurikens Throw mini-game.
- Paladin: Score 9,999 points in Cecil's 100 Goblins Punishment mini-game.
- Summoner/Black Mage: Score 9,999 points in Rydia's 100 Math Homeworks mini-game.
- White Mage: Score 9,999 points in Rosa's 100 Second Meditation mini-game.
- Zeromus: Get a 100% Bestiary completion.
Once you have the "Steal" augment, give it to Edge. After visiting the Land Of The Eidolons and gaining Asura and Leviathan, return to the Baron Castle. Go to the underground area in the east tower, and find King Baron. When you fight Odin, have Edge continuously use "Steal" until he successfully steals the augment. This augment works just like the "Darkness" command Cecil has before he becomes a paladin."Piercing Magic" augment
Go to the Feymarch, and speak to the Eidolon to start a side quest where you must find his wandering companions and get them back to him. This side quest can be completed at any time before the end of the game. The clues that Eidolon's gives correspond to the following locations:
- "The oasis": Kaipo Lake.
- "To observe a view": The Mt. Ordeals summit.
- "To fly to the sky": Black Chocobo Forest near Troia.
- "Getting drunk": Lali-Ho Pub in Dwarf Castle.
- "Making a friends with an Eidolon": Sylvan Hut, Sylph Cave, where you find Yang, on the second floor.
- "Wants to become brave": The well in Koppol Forge.
- "Has musical taste": Hummingway Cave, Moon, at the northwest area.
- "Went on a lunar excursion": Near Bahamut's Throne, Lair of the Father, Moon.
After all eight Eidolons are sent home, talk to the Eidolon near the entry point of the cave to travel back to the Feymarch. Talk to the Eidolon that started the quest to receive the "Piercing Magic" augment. It allows spells to bypass barriers, including Reflect.Characters that do not require full experience
Do not grind any amount of experience for the following characters, until a certain point in the story is reached. The character's experience points will reset or adjust to a certain point, making any work you did (other than for gil) pointless.
- Cecil: Do not grind experience levels until after he becomes a Paladin.
- Kain: Do not grind experience levels until after the Giant of Babil.
- Rydia: Do not grind experience levels until she returns after the fight against Golbez.
- Rosa: Do not grind experience levels until after she is rescued.
Do not grind for any other characters that are not mentioned above, as their levels will match your highest character's level after the Giant Of Babil.Refilling MP on the moon
While on the moon (whether you are with Fusoya or after he leaves your party), you get the Bless augment. Equip it. When you encounter a Moon Maiden or Dark Sage, cast Toad on them with Rydia, and kill the rest of the enemies if needed, then cast Bless on your party. You can fully cure your party then regain your party's MP with Bless; just use Defend on all of your party members. The Toad does 1 damage to your party member. You can just keep using Defend until you are all fully cured; when your MP is full, kill the Toad.Defeating Rubicante
The Elemental Archfiend Of Fire, Rubicante, has an attack named xInferno that damages your party while healing him. He only uses that attack when his cloak is open. While his cloak is open, have Edge use Steal. This will force Rubicante to close his cloak and prevent him from using that attack.View credits
Enter the developer's room in the Dwarves Castle. Look at the shelf behind the doll in the first room to view the game's credits.Steam achievements
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding achievement. To view your achievements and stats in Steam, select "Community", "My profile", "View all my games", then the game and view stats.
- A Bloodstained Road: You raised Cecil (Dark Knight) to level 15.
- Aficionado: You completed 60% of the Bestiary.
- Alone Again: You were shipwrecked by Leviathan.
- Apprentice Summoner: You acquired one summon.
- Assault!: You traveled to Damcyan Castle.
- Augment Master: You obtained all augments.
- Augment Novice: You obtained one augment.
- Augment Practitioner: You obtained 20 augments.
- Big Bang!: You defeated Mom Bomb.
- Bitter Battle: You finished the game on Hard difficulty.
- Bravery: You defeated the Sahagin that attacked at Kaipo.
- Bronze Hunter: You defeated 100 enemies.
- Bursting Treasure Chest: You earned 200,000 gil.
- Catching On: You completed 30% of the Bestiary.
- Customer Appreciation: You played a new game.
- Deep into Darkness: You raised Cecil (Dark Knight) to level 25.
- Defeated Barbariccia: You defeated Barbariccia.
- Defeated Cagnazzo: You defeated Cagnazzo.
- Defeated Calcabrina: You defeated Calcabrina.
- Defeated CPU: You defeated the CPU.
- Defeated Demon Wall: You defeated Demon Wall.
- Defeated Dr. Lugae: You defeated Dr. Lugae.
- Defeated Elemental Archfiends: You defeated the elemental archfiends.
- Defeated Geryon: You defeated Geryon.
- Defeated Proto-Babil: You defeated Proto-Babil.
- Defeated Rubicante: You defeated Rubicante.
- Defeated Scarmiglione: You defeated Scarmiglione.
- Delta Attack Defiance: You defeated the Magus Sisters.
- Developers' Pal: You talked to everybody in the Developers' Office.
- Earth's Savior Times Two: You finished the game twice.
- Expert Summoner: You acquired all hidden summons.
- Fat Purse: You earned 50,000 gil.
- FINAL FANTASY IV Master: You earned all achievements.
- Form Reborn: You obtained Excalibur.
- Gold Hunter: You defeated 1,000 enemies.
- Heaps of Corpses: You raised Cecil (Dark Knight) to level 20.
- Know-It-All: You completed the entire Bestiary.
- Master Summoner: You acquired all summons.
- Mission Accomplished?: You traveled to Mist.
- Moves toward the Light: You raised Cecil (Paladin) to level 10.
- Paladin of Light Incarnate: You raised Cecil (Paladin) to level 70.
- Platinum Hunter: You defeated 2,000 enemies.
- Pockets Full: You earned 10,000 gil.
- Promised Ship of Light: You went to the moon on The Lunar Whale.
- Rabbit Chaser: You played through all Namingway events.
- Saved by Music: You defeated Dark Elf.
- Seeker: You completed 10% of the Bestiary.
- Silver Hunter: You defeated 500 enemies.
- The Gatherer of Light: You raised Cecil (Paladin) to level 30.
- The Illuminator: You raised Cecil (Paladin) to level 50.
- The Onion Swordsman: You obtained all the Onion items.
- The Perpetual Wayfarer: You traveled across the entire map.
- Time for a Vault: You earned 500,000 gil.
- To Mother Earth: You finished the game.
- To the End of Misery: You obtained Adamant Armor.
- Training Complete!: You talked to everybody in the Training Classroom.
- Unsealed: You obtained Ragnarok, Holy Lance, Murasame, and Ribbon.
- Walks with the Light: You raised Cecil (Paladin) to level 20.