Note: This procedure involves editing a game file; create a backup copy of the file before proceeding. Use a text editor to edit the "user.cfg" file in the game directory. Change the indicated line(s) to activate the corresponding cheat function:
|Result||Original Value||New Value|
|God mode|| g_global_god off|
| g_global_god on|
|Infinite ammunition||g_unlimitedammo off||g_unlimitedammo on|
Before entering the train car at Armory Station, you can purchase a Stealth Suit for 100 military cartridges from the vendor across from the Ammo Exchange. There is a vendor next to that one that sells an Armor Suit that decreases damage. Both suits can be worn simultaneously. A similar Armor Suit is also sold by a vendor next to the Ammo Exchange in Polis.Nightvision goggles
In addition to buying the Sneaking Suit at the Armory Station, you can get a pair of nightvision goggles at Front Lines. While in control of Artyom, turn around, and follow the train tracks. The nightvision goggles will be in a red breaker box guarded by two soldiers.Extending filter
Avoid jumping and sprinting to extend the use of your filter.S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series references
1. While in the Library, the two rangers will say the titles of several books. One of them is "Roadside Picnic" (1977) by the Strugatsky brothers, which is the book that Andrei Tarkovsky's 1979 movie "STALKER" was based on, which then was the inspiration behind S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow Of Chernobyl.
2. The first person you can talk to resembles a "loner" Stalker and says "Take it easy bro!"
3. The scene with the campfire with the guitar.
4. The winter mask that are on dead people.
There is an objective in "Outpost" regarding an S.O.S. message from "Defense". Go to the first Nazi controlled building, where a Demon snatches a fleeing Nazi, and fight through the area until reaching the upper level of that building. Find a hallway with three tripwire mines and two Demons. Get past the mines, then check the right room at the end of the corridor to find a ramp that provides access to the rooftop. You will find a corpse with a Kalashnikov on the rooftop. The communications apparatus for the achievement can be found in the corner of the rooftop.Easy "Generous" achievement
Decline the kid's offer to lead you at Riga Station to get the "Realist" achievement.Steam achievements
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding achievement. To view your achievements and stats in Steam, select "Community", "My profile", "View all my games", then the game and view stats.
- Air gunner: Kill 30 enemies using pneumatic weapons.
- Cowboy: Kill 30 enemies using revolvers.
- Demolitionist: Blow up the tunnel and airlock at "Cursed" station.
- DJ Artyom: On the level "Outpost" reach the radio tower and broadcast the commander's message.
- Exorcist: Complete levels "Ghosts" and "Anomaly" without dying.
- Fire in the hole: Kill 20 lurkers.
- Fugitive: Complete level "Armory" without getting caught.
- Heavy Metal: Kill 15 enemies using stationary machine gun.
- Heavy Reader: Kill a librarian.
- Hedge-hopper: On the level "Frontline" kill all of the enemy Red Army and Fascist Soldiers.
- Inquisitor: Kill 2 demons.
- Invisible man: Complete "Frontline" level without killing anyone.
- Ka-Boom!: Explode 10 enemies.
- Merciful: Complete the level "Black Station" without killing any Fascist Soldiers.
- Metro Trader: Make 10 deals in weapon shops.
- Ninja: Kill 10 enemies with throwing knives.
- Nosalis hunter: Kill 30 nosalises.
- Old school: Kill 30 enemies with the double-barreled shotgun.
- Pathoanatomist: Kill 5 amoebas.
- Pyro: Kill 5 enemies with a flamethrower.
- Quick Draw: On the level "Hunter" kill the nosalises before they break through the ventilation grilles.
- Raider: On the level "Depot" silently kill the first guard and break into the Fascist station unnoticed.
- Ranger: Find all Ranger stashes in Dead City 1 and 2
- Rescue Ranger: Save a group of "Reds" from Fascist captivity.
- Scrooge: Save 500 military grade rounds.
- Slice & Dice: Kill 20 enemies with the knife.
- Sniper: Make 25 headshots.
- Soft Touch: Disarm 10 wire traps.
- Tank Buster: Destroy fascists' Panzer.
- Wheeler-Dealer: Exchange 500 Military Grade 5.45 rounds at Exchange kiosks.
Additionally, there are nine secret achievements:
- Enlightened: Find the truth.
- Explorer: There is no place in metro you did not visit
- First blood: What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.
- Metro dweller: A true metro citizen. You know everyone and have seen everything.
- Quick-witted: Break the support and activate the chandelier in less than 20 seconds.
- Sherlock: Found all gold ammo, hidden throughout the stations.
- Generous: Help the poor, a coin for the kid, medicine for the sick. You help everyone you see.
- If it's hostile, you kill it.: Become a true ranger.
- Realist: A coin for a hungry kid? Get a job.