Successfully complete the game to unlock the Magic Mode costume, which reduces the rate at which the Pike Ball drains magic.Alternate ending pictures
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding picture during the ending sequence:
- Risky Boots on her pirate ship: Successfully complete the game in more than two hours with all 34 items.
- Rottytops: Successfully complete the game in less than three hours with all 34 items.
- Shantae: Successfully complete the game in more than two hours with fewer than 34 items.
- Shantae in a bikini: Successfully complete the game in under two hours with fewer than 34 items.
Druids are the faceless enemies in red robes that appear in Hypno Tower at Mermaid Cliffs. After its Boss is defeated, a druid can also be found in Mayor Scuttlebutt's abandoned seaside retreat, which is faster to reach because of the nearby warp squid. Kill a druid between 00:00 (midnight) and 01:00 to get the "Late Night Gamer!" achievement.
Save the game just before the room with a first druid. Exit the game, and set the system time to midnight. Open the game, and load the saved game file. Kill the druid to get the "Late Night Gamer!" achievement.Easy "Pikeball Power!" achievement
The Pike Ball is one of the three basic magic forms available at the item shop. Unlike the other two forms, it and its advanced versions remain active upon use and drain magic continuously. Refills are required to maintain the same Pike Ball for two minutes. Magic Potions cannot be used because using one will terminate an active Pike Ball. To get the "Pikeball Power!" achievement, play "Battle Tower", which has a large number of enemies that can drop magic refills, as well as jars that always contain refills. Changing rooms with a Pike Ball active will not cancel it. The tower can be completed with the same Pike Ball. If available, also use the Magic Mode costume to reduce the rate at which the Pike Ball drains magic.Easy "Play Dead!" achievement
Early on, the zombie Rottytops will give you a puppy that you will then give to the chef. After getting the Tasty Meal from the chef, attack her puppy to get the "Play Dead!" achievement.Steam achievements
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding achievement. To view your achievements and stats in Steam, select "Community", "My profile", "View all my games", then the game and view stats.
- And Stay Down!: Kill the same skeleton 6 times.
- Be the Hero!: Seen ending 1.
- Bonfire!: Burn a vine pot.
- Completionist!: Seen ending 2.
- Cross Your Heart!: Beat the game with no Heart Holders.
- Electric Squid!: Beat Boss 1 with only electricity.
- Elephant Obliteration!: Stomp more than 6 blocks in a row.
- Enough For Everyone!: Max out potions.
- Fire Breath!: Stomp a dragon head.
- Got the Touch, Got the Power!: Own all magic and book upgrades.
- Heart of Stone!: Puppy denied.
- Late Night Gamer!: Kill a Druid at midnight.
- Mighty Shantae Champ!: Seen ALL endings.
- Move Over Zeus!: Kill 50 enemies with lightning.
- Old Moneybags!: Max out the gem counter.
- Pikeball Power!: Keep Pikeball active for 2 min.
- Play Dead!: Kill the puppy.
- Potions Smotions: Beat the genie clone without using potions.
- Ret-2-Go!: Beat the ambush.
- Romper Stomper!: Kill 100 enemies via stomp.
- Speed Run the Baron's Lair!: Lab 2 speed run.
- Speed Runner!: Seen ending 4.
- Speedy and Greedy!: Seen ending 3.
- Tinkercide: Destroy all Tinkerbats the Sunken Cavern.
- Yakkety Yak!: Talk to all NPCs in town.
- You Are Here!: Get the map.