Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding legendary weapon:
- 1. Adventurer's corpse in Ruined Temple on the "Urn Of Sacred Ashes" quest in the southwest corridor.
- 2. Brecilian Ruins' Lower Ruins in the south fire trap room.
- 3. Talk to an adventurer in Orzammar's Tapster's tavern.
- 4. Go to Denerim, then go to the dirty back alley, and fight the demon.
Ageless: In Orzammar before you pick a new king, click the king's throne, set three of your party members on pressure plates around the area, and use the fourth to click the throne again. Kill the dragon to get the Ageless legendary weapon.
Keening Blade: Successfully complete the "Unbound" quest. To start it, collect the journals from the following locations:
Marjorlaneses Recurve: Successfully complete Leliana's character quest.
Staff Of The Magister Lords: Purchased it in the Wonders Of Thedas in Denerim.
Starfang Longsword: Get the random encounter with the crater, then take the Starmetal to Wardens Keep to have a one or two handed sword made.
Summersword: Defeat Loghain's general when trying to save the queen.
The Rose's Thorn: Purchased it in a shop in Orzammar.
Topsiders Honor: In Deep Roads, find the three pieces, then reassemble them in Ortan Thaig.
Yusaris Greatsword: Successfully complete the "Statue" quest on the third floor of the Magi Tower by selecting the statues in the following order: Left, Right, Middle, then the statue near the fourth floor stairs.
Wintersbreath: It can be obtained through the Warden's Keep DLC or by purchasing it at the Wonders Of Thedas.
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding legendary armor:
Blood Dragon: Use the DLC to get the first piece, and the rest will be in Bodhan's shop in your camp.
Juggernaut: Examine the three tombstones in the Brecilian Forrest to get the first three pieces. Successfully complete the "Jug" quest in the Ruins to get the final piece.
Legion Set: Pieces are spread throughout the Deeproads.
Reapers Vestment (best robe): Purchased it at the Wonders Of Thedas.
Robes Of Possession: Successfully complete Morrigan's character quest by killing Flemmeth. They can then be found in the chest in Flemeth's hut.
Wade's: Wade of Wade's Emporium in Denerim will make you three sets of armor, two of which will use 3x Drake Scales, and the other will need the Dragon Scale. The first two sets are leather armor, and the third is your choice of medium, heavy, or massive. You can get lots of Drake Scales and the Dragon Scale during the "Urn Of Sacred Ashes" quest. Note: Make sure you always pay the extra gold when asked to get the best results.
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding Specialization class. Note: Specialization points are obtained at levels 7 and 14.
- Arcane Warrior: During the "Nature Of The Beast" quest line, you will find a place in Brecilian Ruins where a spirit is trapped inside something. Set the spirit free, then ask it to teach you the specialization.
- Blood Mage: During the "Arl Of Redcliffe" quest line, choose to go into the Fade. Instead of killing the Desire Demon, negotiate with her. When given a reward, choose to learn Blood Magic.
- Shapeshifter: Learned from Morrigan (companion) when approval is high enough; or Varathorn (Dalish Camp).
- Spirit Healer: Learned from Wynne (companion); or manual from Wanders Of Thedas in Denerim (after Landsmeet starts).
- Assassin: Learned from Zevran (companion) when approval is high enough; or bought from Alarith's Store (Denerim, after Landsmeet starts).
- Bard: Learned from Leliana (companion) when approval is high enough; or Alimar (Orzammar).
- Duelist: Learned from Isabela (The Pearl in Denerim) if your DEX is high enough to catch her cheating and make her teach you.
- Ranger: Learned from Bodann's Wares (Party Camp).
- Berserker: Learned from Oghren (companion) when approval is high enough; or manual bought from Gorim at Denerim Market.
- Champion: Choose to accept the reward from Arl Eamon after completing the "Sacred Urn Of Ashes" quest line.
- Reaver: Meet with Kolgrim in the Wyrmling Lair just before the mountain top, and help him with his task. Pour dragon's blood on the ashes. Note: If Wynne and Leliana are in your party, they will join the Guardian in their fight against you.
- Templar: Learned from Alistair (companion) when approval is high enough; or Bodahn's Wares (Party Camp).
Equip the indicated item set to get the corresponding bonus:
- Item Set 1 - Griffon: Immunity to Flanking
- Item Set 2 - Effort: -10% Fatigue
- Item Set 3 - Juggernaut Plate: +3 Strength +3 Constitution
- Item Set 4 - Imperium Rings: +2 Armor
- Item Set 5 - Legion Of The Dead: +3 Damage +3 Constitution
- Item Set 6 - Dalish Leather: +5 Defense
- Item Set 7 - Duster Leather: +2 Armor
- Item Set 8 - Wade's Drakeskin: -10% Fatigue
- Item Set 9 - Wade's Dragonskin: -25% Fatigue
- Item Set 10 - Wade's Dragonscale: -20% Fatigue
- Item Set 11 - Wade's Dragonbone Plate: -10% Fatigue
- Item Set 12 - Leather Armor: -5% Fatigue
- Item Set 13 - Studded Leather Armor: +1 Defense
- Item Set 14 - Chainmail: -2.5% Fatigue
- Item Set 15 - Scale Armor: +4.5 Defense vs. Missiles
- Item Set 16 - Splint Mail: +1 Armor
- Item Set 17 - Dwarven Medium Armor: +1 Armor
- Item Set 18 - Ancient Elven Armor: +5 Defense
- Item Set 19 - Ceremonial Armor: +6 Defense vs. Missiles
- Item Set 20 - Diligence: +5 Willpower
- Item Set 21 - Dwarven Heavy Armor: +1 Armor
- Item Set 22 - Heavy Chainmail: -3% Fatigue
- Item Set 23 - Chevalier Armor: +3 Willpower +3 Constitution
- Item Set 24 - Commander's Plate: +5 Willpower
- Item Set 25 - Dwarven Massive Armor: +2 Armor
- Item Set 26 - Heavy Plate: +7.5 Defense vs. Missiles
- Item Set 27 - Wade's Superior Drakeskin: -10% Fatigue +5 Defense
- Item Set 28 - Wade's Superior Dragonskin: -25% Fatigue +5 Defense
- Item Set 29 - Wade's Superior Dragonscale: -20% Fatigue +5 Defense
- Item Set 30 - Wade's Superior Dragonbone Plate: -10% Fatigue +5 Defense
- Secret - Armor Of The River Dane Set: +6 Willpower +1 Cunning +6 Attack +4 Defense
- Secret - Warden's Commander: +? Health +? Strength
Put your most expensive item in the junk section in your inventory. Find a merchant, enter the "Junk" section in your inventory, highlight the expensive item, then press Triangle followed by X very quickly. If done correctly, your item will be sold at twice its value. It may require a few attempts. Buy it back, and repeat the process as many times as desired. It is best if you use two fingers, with one on Triangle and another on X so you can press them almost simultaneously. It is recommended you either do this with a merchant that you have not sold any junk to before, or buy back all the junk you previously sold. This speeds up the process enough so that you can double the gold as fast as possible. Additionally, if the merchant has an item more expensive than the one you are selling, buy it, and use that instead to increase the amount of gold you get. If you have the Blood Dragon Plate, this can be easily done with the first merchant.
You can use the "Easy gold" glitch to basically get unlimited experience. Once you save the life of the Arl of Redcliffe, a soldier of his will appear in your party's camp. There will be a box for donating to the army. Enter the screen, and select the first option to donate 30 gold. You can do this as many times as desired to get a good amount of experience from each donation. If you just keep pressing X then Square repeatedly, you will keep quickly donating large sums of gold, skipping through the dialog screens, and getting a lot of experience quickly. If you start getting low on gold, perform the "Easy gold" glitch again with the merchant in your camp. Note: Be careful, as enemies will also level as you do. If you get too high of a level and do not have the correct equipment, you can be quickly defeated.
Note: This trick only works in the unpatched version of the game. In Ostargar, do the "Tainted Blood" mission that is unlocked immediately before you become a Grey Warden. Collect the three Vials of Darkspawn Blood, but not the Grey Warden Treaties. Return to camp, talk to Duncan, and report "We have the blood, but not the scrolls." You will exit out of the conversation, but still get the experience for the mission. You can repeat this as many times as desired. It does not take long to reach the level 25 cap if you skip the conversations to speed up the process.
Note: This trick requires you have the Trap Making ability. In Lothering, go to the right after exiting Dane's Refuge (near the center of Lothering). There will be a quest giver by the name of Allison. She will ask you to make traps, and requires three traps to complete the quest. Once you complete the quest, you will get a moderate amount of experience and 50 silver. You can repeat this quest as many times as desired; however, the quest will become unavailable as you progress through the game. To keep repeating the quest, go back to Dane's Refuge, and buy Trap Triggers. He has an unlimited supply of them. As long as you have Trap Making, create Spring Traps. Spring Traps only cost approximately 3 silver to create, and she requires three traps each time. Thus, it only costs you roughly 9 silver for the quest.
To get extra experience points early in the game, go to the city of Denerim as soon as you leave Lothering. Then, enter the "Wonders of Thedas" building, and purchase the Archivist's Belt. While it is equipped, you will get an experience point boost for everything in your Codex. Books will increase from 50 to 75 experience points.Duplicate items
This glitch allows you to duplicate gear, ingredients, potions, and other stuff. First, you need at least two of the item you want to duplicate. The glitch is basically the same as the "Easy gold" glitch. Thus, it is best to only have the items you want to duplicate in both your and the merchant's "Junk" inventory. This help speeds up and organize things. Put at least two of the item you want to copy in the "Junk" section of your bag. Go to any merchant, and press Y to sell all the junk in your bag. Then, select the item from the merchant's side, and buy back all but one of the item. Next, select it when it is in your inventory again. Press Triangle followed by X very quickly. This requires precise timing like the "Easy gold" glitch and may require a few attempts, but it becomes easy to do after a few tries. You can keep repeating the process until you have 99 of the item. Some items will show in the merchant's inventory as being one row of 99, and another row of a different number (for example, 33). Sometimes the extra items can be taken and kept; however, other times they will vanish from your inventory. Be careful about taking the correct row. If you have the "Warden's Keep" downloadable content, you can store unlimited items in the bottomless chest so you will always have more if you ever run out and do not want to keep using this glitch. This glitch should also work with books that add Skill or Talent points. When you get any of those books, wait until you have two of them so you can make unlimited copies and max out your characters.
Use the following trick to duplicate Bodan's inventory. After leaving Lothering for the first time, you will automatically be sent to the party camp. If you use the "Easy gold" glitch, you can buy any item from Bodan and then travel to any location and return to camp and he will still have it. This trick allows you to get two copies of the Veshialle Axe, Spellward Necklace, Bard's Dancing Shoes, and multiple physical and arcane spellbooks very early in the game.All talents and specializations for one character
Note: This trick will allow you to be, for example, a Templar, Berzerker, Reaver, and Champion all on the same character as well as have every Talent ability and a huge stat boost. Start the game, and get to your party camp for the first time. You will see the Tomes which increase your stats by one and give you a talent to use. Buy it, but do not use it. Save these tomes until you get a second one. When you get the second tome, use the "Duplicate items" glitch, and copy as many as desired. Before you use it, make sure you save the game. Also, do not choose any specializations until after you have every talent possible. Once that is done, use the tome, and choose a specialization. When doing the stats, select "Auto Level Up". If you keep doing this, it should unlock the specializations for that character, and you can use the talents for that specialization. Note: Make sure to plan out your stat choices.Free Specialization books
Save the game, then buy a Specialization book from a vendor. The message "Specialization Unlocked" will appear. Then, load your saved game, and you will have the gold back that you spent for the book, but the specialization will still be unlocked.
When you first arrive at your party camp, you will see Bodahn Fennick, the Dwarf trader. Speak to him, and view his wares. You will find two Specialization books, Ranger and Templar. Save the game, then buy one to unlock that Specialization. Reload your game, and buy the other one. You will now have both specialties unlocked and still retain your gold after reloading your game again. This works with all Specialization books.Extra storage
In Lothering, go towards a bridge on the edge of town. There will be a bridge where a Dwarven father and son are getting attacked. If you save and are nice to them, they will be in your party's camp when you arrive shortly afterwards. They are merchants, and the son is an enchanting savant. The father has good items to start. Buy the items, using the "Easy gold" glitch if needed. He never seems to lose what you sell him. You can basically use him as free storage. This works well for players without the "Warden's Keep" downloadable content's bottomless chest, or if you do not want to keep traveling to Soldier's Peak to retrieve your excess inventory.Extra backpack in Ostagar
When you arrive in Ostagar, buy the Backpack from the Quartermaster. Note: You should have enough money all long as you collected sell-able items and gear during the beginning storyline. Successfully complete the quest where you and the other recruits enter the Wilds; make sure you explore the entire map. Successfully complete the "Joining" ritual, and become a Grey Warden. Before attending the meeting with Duncan and the King, go back to the Quartermaster, and there should be another Backpack available to purchase at the same price as before.Summoning wolf and bear simultaneously
Rouges that have the Ranger talent and all skills can summon a wolf and a bear at the same time. This trick does not work with the spider. When you are summoning the wolf and your cast time bar is almost over, click to summon the bear. Your character will summon the wolf first, and then summon the bear. You can control both animals.Armed Mages
It is possible for Mages to not just cast magic but also use armor and weapons. Once you have acquired the Arcane Warrior style, you can use armor and weapons in exchange for magic. You do not have to worry about taking physical damage any longer because of the armor. You do not have to keep your distance from enemies and can use all the spells desired. Note: This ability is obtained in the "Nature Of The Beast" quest with the Dalish Elves. You must go into the temple and find a vial that seems odd. A short cutscene will begin and will involve you. After a long series of questioning, it will offer to pass on its talents of an Arcane Warrior to you and your party in exchange for its freedom.Gifts
Gifts help raise each party member's liking of the "Warden" or main character you create. The following is a list of the gifts each party member likes and will help to get on their good side instead of their wrathful side:
- Alistair: Alidtair's Mothers Amulet, Stone Warrior Statue, Stone Dragon Statue, Black Runestone, White Runestone, Duncan's Shield, Joining Chalice, Onyx Demon Statue, Small Carved Statue
- Liliana: Andraste's Grace, Blue Satin Boots, Bronze, Steel and Gold Symbol of Andraste, Cute Nug, Etched Silver Symbol, Chantry Amulet, Silver Sword of Mercy
- Morigan: Silver Chain. Gold Mirror, Flemeth's Grimoire, Flemeth's Real Grimoire, Gold Amulet, Golden Demon Pendant, Golden Rope Necklace, Locket, Silver Brooch, Silver Medallion
- Oghren: All the alcoholic drinks you find
- Sten: Sten's Sword, Totem, the paintings you find
- Wynne: Fancy Scroll, Wine, the books you find
- Zevran: Dalish Gloves, Antivian Leather Boots, gold and silver bars
There is a book titled "Load Limit Reached" that you can find in the Orzammar underground section "The Dead Trenches", near the "Legionnaire Shrine" at the end of a broken bridge. The first line in the book is "Mass will have an effect". It mentions a Dwarf named Shepard, which is the same name as the main character of Mass Effect.Monty Python And The Search for the Holy Grail reference
While traveling on the world map, you may encounter a group of people around a stump, claiming that if you pull it out, you are destined to become king of Thedas. This will prompt banter between them. "Pulling a drunken loggers axe out of stump is hardly something to base a system of government off of."; "He must be a king."; "Why do you say that?"; "Because he doesn't have dung all over him." This is a reference from the beginning of Monty Python And The Search For The Holy Grail.Portal reference
Note: You must have Sten in your party for this trick to work. At the end of the game, if you choose to perform the ritual with Morrigan, you will go to the crowning of the new king or queen. After the dialogue with Alistair, you can walk around and talk to your companions. Find Sten, and he will say "Where is the cake? They promised there would be cake. The cake is a lie..."Superman reference
The following event is random and occurs while traveling on the world map. You will encounter a farmer and his wife who find a baby in a meteor crash, right after it happens. They decide to take the baby and raise it as their own. You get the Meteor Ore the baby came in. It can be made into armor by Wade in Denerim. A good way to get this event to occur is from one of the Chantry Board missions in Redcliffe. Travel straight from Redcliffe to Refugees.Easy "Silver Tongued" trophy
In Orzammar, there is a man named Vartag in the Chamber of Assembly. Speak with him about earning Lord Behlen's trust. He should give you papers that state Lord Harrowmont sold the same piece of land to two people. After he gives you the papers, go to the Shaperate in the Diamond Quarter. It is at the opposite end of the entrance to the Commons. Once you are in the Shaperate, talk to the Shaperate, and give him the papers. He will tell you they are forged. Then, go back to Vartag, and tell him the papers are forged. After you have done this, a Persuade line will appear. Keep persuading him until you get the "Silver Tongued" trophy. Note: It helps if you have a high Coercion and/or Cunning skill. Also, if you made a Dwarf Commoner, your sister will take you directly to Vartag once you have entered the Diamond Quarter.Trophies
Successfully complete one of the following tasks to get a trophy:
- Annulment Invoker (Bronze): Sided with the templars in "Broken Circle".
- Archmage (Silver): Main character achieved level 20 as a mage.
- Bhelen's Ally (Bronze): Sided with Bhelen in "A Paragon of Her Kind".
- Blight-Queller (Gold): Killed 1000 darkspawn.
- Bloodied (Bronze): Completed an origin story without the main character ever falling in battle.
- Bully (Bronze): Succeeded at five difficult Intimidate attempts.
- Casteless (Bronze): Completed the Dwarf Commoner origin story.
- Ceremonialist (Bronze): Defied the Cult of Andraste in "The Urn of Sacred Ashes".
- Conscripted (Bronze): Completed the City Elf origin story.
- Corrupted (Bronze): Completed the Dalish Elf origin story.
- Easy Lover (Bronze): Experienced the thrill of romance with Zevran.
- Educated (Bronze): Used a tome to improve the main character's attributes, talents, spells, or skills.
- Elite (Bronze): Main character learned two specializations.
- First Knight (Bronze): Experienced the thrill of romance with Alistair.
- Grey Warden (Bronze): Killed 100 darkspawn.
- Harrowed (Bronze): Completed the Magi origin story.
- Harrowmont's Ally (Bronze): Sided with Harrowmont in "A Paragon of Her Kind".
- Heavy Hitter (Bronze): Main character inflicted 250 damage with a single hit.
- Hero of Redcliffe (Bronze): Completed "The Arl of Redcliffe".
- Hopelessly Romantic (Bronze): Across all playthroughs, experienced all possible romances.
- Kinslayer (Bronze): Completed the Dwarf Noble origin story.
- Last of the Wardens (Bronze): Completed Ostagar.
- Last of Your Line (Bronze): Completed the Human Noble origin story.
- Liberator (Bronze): Destroyed the Anvil of the Void.
- Magic Sympathizer (Bronze): Sided with the mages in "Broken Circle".
- Master of Arms (Silver): Main character achieved level 20 as a warrior.
- Master Warden (Silver): Killed 500 darkspawn.
- Menacing (Bronze): Succeeded at 10 difficult Intimidate attempts.
- Mercenary (Bronze): Complete 15 job-board quests.
- Perfectionist (Bronze): Across all playthroughs, discovered all possible endings.
- Persuasive (Bronze): Succeeded at five difficult Persuasion attempts.
- Pilgrim (Bronze): Completed a Chanter's Board quest.
- Poacher (Bronze): Sided with the elves in "Nature of the Beast".
- Pragmatist (Bronze): Preserved the Anvil of the Void.
- Rabble-Rouser (Bronze): Completed "The Landsmeet".
- Recruiter (Bronze): Across all playthroughs, recruited all party members.
- Sacrilegious (Bronze): Sided with the Cult of Andraste in "The Urn Of Sacred Ashes".
- Shadow (Silver): Main character achieved level 20 as a rogue.
- Silver Tongued (Bronze): Succeeded at 25 difficult Persuasion attempts.
- Slayer (Bronze): Sided with the werewolves in "Nature of the Beast".
- Standard-Bearer (Bronze): Used the Grey Warden treaties to recruit all possible allies.
- The Ultimate Reward (Platinum): Completed all Bronze, Silver and Gold Trophies.
- Tinkerer (Bronze): Crafted an item.
- Traveler (Bronze): Set foot in every area in the game.
- Veteran (Bronze): Main character learned a specialization.
- Wine, Woman, and Song (Bronze): Experienced the thrill of romance with Leliana.
- Witch Gone Wild (Bronze): Experienced the thrill of romance with Morrigan.
The following trophies require "The Stone Prisoner" bonus downloadable content:
- Rock and a Hard Place (Bronze): Completed "The Golem in Honnleath".
- Stone's Lament (Bronze): Completed "A Golem's Memories".
The following trophies require the "Warden's Keep" bonus downloadable content:
- Diabolist (Bronze): Took advantage of Avernus's research.
- Master of the Peak (Bronze): Completed "Soldier's Peak".
The following trophies require the "Awakening" bonus downloadable content:
- The Enduring Vigil (Bronze): Acquired all upgrades for Vigil's Keep.
- Awakening (Gold): Completed Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening.
- Commander of the Grey (Bronze): Reached level 30.
Additionally, there are five secret trophies with the "Awakening" bonus downloadable content:
- Savior of Kal'Hirol (Bronze): Destroyed the broodmothers in Kal'Hirol.
- Blind Vengeance (Bronze): Escaped the silverite mines.
- Pride Before The Fall (Bronze): Defeated the baroness.
- Amaranthine's Last Hope (Bronze): Saved the city of Amaranthine.
- Keeper of the Vigil (Bronze): Saved Vigil's Keep.
The following achievement requires the "Darkspawn Chronicles" bonus downloadable content:
- Bane of Thedas (Bronze): Handed victory to the archdemon by killing Ferelden's last Grey Warden.
Additionally, there are two secret achievements with the "Darkspawn Chronicles" bonus downloadable content:
- Enthralling (Bronze): Earned maximum approval from all types of thralls.
- Ogre's Keeper (Silver): Kept the initial ogre alive through the whole story.
The following trophies require the "Leliana's Song" bonus downloadable content:
- Provocateur (Bronze): Collected and assembled the Battledress of the Provocateur.
- Turning Point (Bronze): Heard Lelian's version of her betrayal.
- Vendetta (Bronze): Destroyed the career of Guard Captain Eams.
The following achievements require the "Golems Of Amgarrak" bonus downloadable content:
- Reaper (Bronze): Defeated the Harvester.
- Grim Reaper (Bronze): Defeated the Harvester on Hard or Nightmare difficulty.
- A Secret Stitched Together (Bronze): Gathered all of the research notes in Amgarrak.
The following trophies require the "Witch Hunt" bonus downloadable content:
- A Time of Wood and Stone (Bronze): Gathered the lost lore of Cadaish Thaig.
- Through the Looking Glass (Bronze): Completed the scrying ritual.
- Varterral's Fall (Bronze): Defeated the varterral on Hard or Nightmare difficulty.
- Witch Hunter (Bronze): Completed "Witch Hunt".