Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding bonus the next time a new game is started. Once the game is completed, the "New Game +" option is also unlocked, which allows you to use your existing character with previously earned equipment and skills.
- +10% Damage Reduction: Get the "Soldier Ally" trophy.
- +10% Damping and Overload reduced cooldown: Have a 75% game completion with Garrus in your squad.
- +10% Experience: Reach level 60.
- +10% Hardening: Have a 75% game completion with Ashley in your squad.
- +10% Health: Kill 150 Organic enemies.
- +10% Lift and Throw reduced cooldown: Have a 75% game completion with Kaiden in your squad.
- +10% Sabotage and AI Hacking reduced cooldown: Have a 75% game completion with Tali in your squad.
- +10% Shield: Kill 250 Synthetic enemies.
- +10% Shield Strength: Successfully complete the game with shield damage greater than health damage.
- +10% Stasis and Barrier reduced cooldown: Have a 75% game completion with Liara in your squad.
- +25% Marksman reduced cooldown: Get 150 kills with the pistol.
- +5% Experience: Reach level 50 with a character.
- +5% Weapon Damage: Successfully complete the game two times.
- Assault Rifle skill for new characters: Get 150 kills with the assault rifle.
- Barrier skill for new characters: Use Barrier 75 times.
- Decryption skill for new characters: Use Sabotage 75 times.
- Electronics skill for new characters: Use Overload 75 times.
- First Aid skill for new characters: Use Medi-gel 150 times.
- Hacking skill for new characters: Use AI Hacking 75 times.
- Medicine Skill for new characters: Use Neural Hacking 75 times.
- Stasis skill for new characters: Use Stasis 75 times.
- Throw skill for new characters: Use Throw 75 times.
- Warp skill for new characters: Use Warp 75 times.
- Hardcore difficulty: Successfully complete the game.
- Insane difficulty: Successfully complete the game on the Hardcore difficulty.
- Level 60 level cap: Successfully complete the game.
- Lift skill (for non-Biotics): Use Lift 75 times.
- Prestige Class: Reach level 34.
- Regenerate 1 health per second: Have a 75% game completion with Wrex in your squad.
- Shielding skill for new characters: Use Dampening 75 times.
- Shotgun skill for new characters: Get 150 kills with the shotgun.
- Singularity skill for new characters: Use "Singularity" 75 times.
- Sniper Rifle skill for new characters: Get 150 kills with the sniper rifle.
- Spectre grade weapons for purchase: Get 1 million credits. The weapons are available through the Normandy and C-Sec Requisitions Officers.
To play the hidden mission in the Plutus system of the Hades Gamma Cluster, get 75% Renegade. To play the hidden mission in the Cacus system, get 75% Paragon.Easy credits
In Quasar, bet Y on odd and X on even.Easy experience points
To gain extra experience from battles, make sure to get out of the Mako for the final hit. You can weaken the stronger enemies from inside the Mako and then get out to finish them off. You will only get 60% of the experience if you kill enemies with the Mako.Easy Mako repairs
If your Mako is badly damaged and you do not want to or cannot spend Omni-gel to repair it, save your game, and reload it. Your Mako should now be totally repaired.Weapon that does not overheat
Get a HMWA X assault rifle with Frictionless Materials, Combat Optics X, and Snowblind Rounds X as upgrades.Saving weapon points
If you are a Soldier, level up weapons so you can use their bonuses and no further. For example, carnage is the shotgun's bonus. By doing this, you will have extra points for a desired weapon and points to level everything else completely out. You do not need the damage and accuracy bonus from the points because when you become a Spectre the best of every weapon becomes unlocked in the Normandy or at the C-SEC requisitions office.Lethal sniping
Equip any good sniper rifle (powerful and accurate) with High Explosive Rounds (highest level preferably). This combination will kill nearly every normal enemy it directly hits, and severely damage enemies in their proximity, if not killing them as well. For fun, if you shoot at the enemy's feet or the ground he is standing directly on top of, he will jettison into the air. Note: High Explosive Rounds work best only with sniper rifles as they are meant to kill with one shot. If it is used with a pistol, assault rifle, or shotgun, the weapon will overheat in less than five shots (depending on the type of weapon), regardless of upgrades and decency of the gun. This will make yourself vulnerable to enemies.Recommended weapon upgrades
The best weapon upgrades on any gun are Frictionless Materials X (28% heat damping, +7% damage), Kinetic Coil X (28% weapon stability, +7% damage), and Slegdehammer Rounds X (50% weapons force, + 60% poison damage, - 20 heat damping). Overall, the weapons stats you will end up with are 14% damage, +28 weapon stability, +50% weapon force, +60 poison, +8% heat damping. The poison damage also prevents shield regeneration. Also, any of the following combo of any grade is the best.
To build the most powerful weapons in the game, use the following. For pistols, assault rifles, and shotguns, use Frictionless Materials, Scram Rail, and Inferno Rounds. Once you can get the "X" level equipment, these will be the most powerful weapons in the game, but the combination should be used at any point you find these materials. For the sniper rifle, use two Frictionless Materials and High Explosive Rounds. The assault rifle will not overheat much at all, but for an assault rifle that does not overheat, you can use two Scram Rails and Snowblind Rounds. It is not as powerful as the first method, but is efficient.Finding all elements
The best way to find the elements, minerals, and anomalies on planets that you can explore is to drive along the edges of the operational area (the red area). Drive the Mako in a circle around the area to where you can barely see the edge of the red line. You should find at least two elements/minerals on each planet that can be explored. There are rare things that will not show up on your map -- you will also have to drive around like this to find them. There are several more items than you are required to find, but it is good to go ahead and get them if you need the experience points. Also, if you say the correct things to the Asari Consort, she will give you a trinket that will allow you to activate a Prothean Orb found on Eletania, or the "monkey" planet, in the Hercules system. It contains the memories of a Cro-Magnon that was observed by the Protheans. The Orb will show up as an anomaly on your map, in the lower left corner.Character classes
Adepts are biotic specialists. Starting out equipped with pistols and light armor, the true strength of the adept is through the upgradeable implants that give them their biotic powers. These powers can be used to lift or throw objects, shield the party, and disable or destroy enemies.
Engineers are tech specialists. Using the holographic OmniTool, they can decrypt security systems, repair and/or modify technical equipment, disrupt enemy weapons or shields, and heal their party. Even though they begin the game with only pistols and the OmniTool, engineers can unlock the ability to wear light armor and reverse engineer enemy technology. They can also learn to put up protective shields and heal the party.
Infiltrators combine combat and tech abilities, and specialize in killing or disabling enemies at long range. Infiltrators are trained to use OmniTools, but the focus is on decryption and offensive abilities rather than healing. They can train with pistols or sniper rifles, and can learn to wear medium armor.
Sentinels combine biotic and tech abilities. Typically they use biotic abilities and advanced healing skills to defend allies, though they can also disrupt opponents with biotic or Tech attacks. They are more efficient at tech and biotics than other classes, but at the expense of combat. Sentinels can only use light armor, and receive no advanced weapon training.
Soldiers are combat specialists ideal for the front lines of a firefight. Soldiers begin the game trained with skills in both pistols and assault rifles, they have improved health and the ability to wear medium combat armor. As you progress through the game, you can unlock assault training, skills with shotguns and sniper rifles, become able to perform first aid on yourself and party members, and wear heavy combat armor.
Vanguards are biotic warriors. They combine offensive biotic abilities and weapons training to quickly take down opponents, and are especially deadly at short range. They can train with pistols and shotguns, and can learn to wear medium armor.
Play as a War Hero Soldier first. By doing this, during your second play through you will have all of the money, weapons, and armor to use for the other careers.Ensuring experience points and gamerpoints
After a major plot has been played, make sure to talk to your crew. This will give you experience points for clues and boost your crew's morale. There is also a subplot for romance where you must choose who you want to have a relation with. You may lose the gamerpoints if you do not talk to the crew.Mako controls
Press R1: Fire rockets.
Press R2: Fire main gun.
Press X: Undercarriage Rockets. This is useful for getting "unstuck", setting the Mako upright if upside down, and stabilizing from falling off a mountain.
Press Square: Return to the Nomandy.
Press Circle: Exit Mako for on-foot exploration.
Hold L2: First person view.
Hold R3 + L2: Zoom. Click it again for additional zoom. Click it again to exit zoom.
After you speak to Chorban in the Citadel Tower, he will request that you scan the Keepers to collect data. There are 21 Keepers total throughout the compound. You will forfeit the chance to do this sidequest if you complete Jahleed's Fears. Here is a list of their locations:
- One is in the hanger bay through C-Sec.
- One is in the right-most room in the Presidium Wards Access corridor.
- One is in the alleyway next to the market and Choras Den.
- One is in the upper market area.
- One is in the C-Sec Requisition Office.
- One is in the Traffic Control Room in C-Sec.
- One is inside Flux, by the quasar machines in the back left.
- One is to the right of the Med Clinic entrance.
- One is at the C-Sec Academy entrance.
- Four are inside Citadel Tower.
- One is in the back room of the Emporium, left turn.
- One is on the balcony of the Embassy lounge.
- One is in the rectangular room at the right of the C-Sec HQ at the embassy.
- One is outside Citadel Tower to the left of Avina.
- One is in the Volus/Elcor office at the Embassy.
- One is opposite of Avina, halway between the Consort Chambers and the Emporium.
- One is outside the entrance of the Consort Chambers.
- One is outside the Wards Access entrance, very close to the arguing Preaching Hana and C-Sec officer.
While in the FLux, you will see a Quasar Machine that has a strange signal coming from it. It traces to the following place in order:
Wards Access Corridor: From the Medical Clinic, go to and up the elevator that takes you toward the Presidium. Take this corridor to a little area where people are talking. Check the terminal on the wall.
Financial District: Check Volus' Office, behind Volus.
Emporium: Turn right coming out of Volus' office, and go past the Emporium Shopkeeper to a back hallway. Then, turn right again. Here you will encounter an A.I. that threatens to blow you and itself up. After the conversation, select the A.I., and input the following code to override: Triangle, Square, Triangle, X, Square, X, X. Finish before it is done Siphoning off credits, and you will get those credits. The amount varies, but you will get more the faster you enter the override code.
In the ExoGeni facility, there are several claws that feed power that must be terminated to continue the mission. You will come across a control panel for the Shuttle Bay Door Controls. This panel has five switches of different pressures:
- (5 PSI Valve) (7 PSI Valve) (17 PSI Valve) (11 PSI Valve) (13 PSI Valve)
The objective is to add just enough pressure to fill the gauge between the two arrows. Too much will reset the puzzle and you will have to play with different combinations. Once a correct pressure is reached, the bar will turn yellow and text under it will read "WARNING, HIGH PRESSURE". Enter 7, 11, and 13, then activate. This will create enough pressure to break the claw and deactivate the Geth power being flushed into ExoGeni.Puzzle solution in Noveria
On the planet Noveria, you must solve a puzzle after you enter the Core at Mira to restore activity to the compound. The solution is as follows. There are three columns. Four discs are in the left column. You must move all four discs to column two or three for the puzzle to be completed. "1" indicates the upper most ring, "4" is the lowest, etc.
- Move 1 to the middle.
- Move 2 to the right.
- Move 1 to the right on top of 2.
- Move 3 to the middle.
- Move 1 to the left.
- Move 2 to the middle on top of 3.
- Move 1 to the middle on top of 2.
- Move 4 to the right.
- Move 1 to the right.
- Move 2 to the left.
- Move 1 to the left on top of 2.
- Move 3 to the right on top of 4.
- Move 1 to the middle.
- Move 2 to the right.
- Move 1 to the right.
These steps will solve the puzzle with all four discs being in the right column.Defeating the giant worm in Edolus
During the mission about the missing Marines, you will encounter a large worm creature. To defeat it, jump just before the projectile acid the worm spits, and attack it with missiles (RB) and constant gunfire (RT).Defeating Thresher Maw in Edolus
The easiest way to defeat the Thresher Maw is after it has initially launched out of the ground to drive off, stay at a relative distance, and drive circles around it while firing. Because of your distance, it will not use its long-ranged attack or be able to cause melee damage. It will go back underground after a time or certain amount of damage is inflicted and will change the location it pops up. Repeat the circular attack to get away undamaged.Defeating Saren (before resurrection)
Use your rifle and strafe to avoid his rocket fire. Alternately, use the following trick to defeat Sarren without fighting him the first time in the Citadel. If you have your Charm or Intimidation all the way up, use the new chat options. You will eventually make Sarren kill himself.Defeating Saren (after resurrection)
Have your crew and yourself use biotic powers everytime Saren stops to shoot (usually when he is hanging on the wall). Only do it once when he stops, otherwise you will be wasting abilities.Reversed Earth
Once you have landed on Luna, Earth's moon, look for the view of Earth. When you zoom in on Earth, noticed that its image is reversed. For example, Florida is where California should be and vice versa."Scholar" trophy codex locations
This trophy requires that you locate information on all primary Alien: Council Races, Extinct Races, and Non-Council Races.
Aliens: Council Races
Asari: Speak with Captain Anderson after the first meeting with the council.
Salarians: Speak with Captain Anderson after the first meeting with the council.
Turians: If you miss it at the beginning of the game, you can get it by speaking to people about Specters and Saran. Otherwise, it should appear after your first encounter with Ashley.
Aliens: Extinct Races
Rachni: Speak with the VI Avina near the Consort Chambers/Krogran Statue about the Rachni wars.
Protheans: Speak with Captain Anderson and Nihlus on the Normandy at the beginning of the game in the Communications Room. This is your only chance in the game to get this codex. If you miss it, you will not be able to recover it later in the game.
Aliens: Non-Council Races
Batarians: After you become a Spectre, speak with Captain Anderson about his Spectre activities at the Docking Bay.
Elcor: Speak with the diplomat Calyn in the embassy. He is located at the end of the hallway to the right of the Embassy Clerk next to Udina's office.
Geth: While on the mission Eden Prime you will receive this codex automatically.
Hanar: Speak with the Hanar Shopkeeper at the Emporium.
Keepers: Speak with the VI Avina in the northwest part of the Presidium. She is very close to the Preaching Hanar and C-Sec Turian whom are arguing.
Krogan: You get this automatically by entering Choras Den. A scene will play showing the Krogran Wrex.
Quarians: Speak with Garrus in the medical center after fighting the thugs.
Volus: Talk to the VI Avina closest to the Embassy Clerk. You will get this by asking the VI why the Volus were the first race to get an embassy.
Find a planet that has a Hazard level 1. Stand outside the Mako, and keep pressing Y. Keep track of how many times you pressed [Heal]. If you do not pay attention and run out of Medi-Gel, you could die from the Hazard level.Easy ally trophies
Use the following trick to unlock all six ally trophies with only three playthroughs. When you start the game, focus on getting all six of your teammates. Choose two of them to play through the game with. Keep those two until you complete the majority of the game. You will get the ally trophy for the teammate you recruited first. After you get it, replace that teammate with another one as soon as possible. After the next assignment you complete, you will then unlock the ally trophy for the second teammate.Easy skill trophies
The quickest way to get the skill trophies (Lift, Sabotage, Warp, etc.) is to stand outside the Mako and use it for a target. Do each skill with your current character 75 times to get the trophies for each one. However, there are two things to note. First, Neuroshock does damage to the Mako. When you see it beginning to smoke, you must repair it. Second, AI Hacking does not apply. You will need to actually hack 75 AIs or hack a few repeatedly before you must destroy them. The best way to get this trophy is to play the mission where you must go to the Earth's moon, or "Luna", and stop the AIs in the training facility. Save the game before you go into one of the bunkers, and keep hacking them until you are finished, or reload and play again.Trophies
Successfully complete one of the following tasks to get a trophy:
- N7 Elite (Platinum): Acquire all trophies.
- Medal of Honor (Gold): Complete 1 Mass Effect Playthrough on any setting.
- Medal of Heroism (Silver): Complete Feros.
- Distinguished Service Medal (Silver): Complete Eden Prime.
- Council Legion of Merit (Silver): Complete Virmire.
- Honorarium of Corporate Service (Silver): Complete Noveria.
- Long Service Medal (Silver): Complete 2 Mass Effect Playthroughs on any setting.
- Distinguished Combat Medal (Silver): Complete 1 Mass Effect playthrough on the Hardcore difficulty setting. Do not change the setting.
- Medal of Valor (Gold): Complete 1 Mass Effect playthrough on the Insanity difficulty setting. Do not change the setting.
- Pistol Expert (Bronze): Register 150 Pistol Kills.
- Shotgun Expert (Bronze): Register 150 Shotgun Kills.
- Assault Rifle Expert (Bronze): Register 150 Assault Rifle Kills.
- Sniper Expert (Bronze): Register 150 Sniper Rifle Kills.
- Lift Mastery (Bronze): Use biotic Lift 75 times.
- Throw Mastery (Bronze): Use biotic Throw 75 times.
- Warp Mastery (Bronze): Use biotic Warp 75 times.
- Singularity Mastery (Bronze): Use biotic Singularity 75 times.
- Barrier Mastery (Bronze): Use biotic Barrier 75 times.
- Stasis Mastery (Bronze): Use biotic Stasis 75 times.
- Damping Specialist (Bronze): Use Damping Field 75 times.
- AI Hacking Specialist (Bronze): Use AI Hacking 75 times.
- Overload Specialist (Bronze): Use Shield Overload 75 times.
- Sabotage Specialist (Bronze): Use Sabotage 75 times.
- First Aid Specialist (Bronze): Use medi-gel 150 times.
- Neural Shock Specialist (Bronze): Use Neural Shock 75 times.
- Scholar (Silver): Find all primary Alien: Council Races, Extinct Races and Non-Council Races codex entries.
- Completionist (Silver): Complete the majority of the game.
- Tactician (Silver): Complete playthrough with shield damage greater than health damage.
- Medal of Exploration (Silver): Land on an uncharted world.
- Rich (Silver): Exceed 1,000,000 Credits.
- Dog of War (Bronze): Register 150 organic enemy kills.
- Geth Hunter (Bronze): Register 250 synthetic enemy kills.
- Soldier Ally (Bronze): Complete the majority of the game with the Alliance soldier squad member.
- Sentinel Ally (Bronze): Complete the majority of the game with the Alliance sentinel squad member.
- Krogan Ally (Bronze): Complete the majority of the game with the krogan squad member.
- Turian Ally (Bronze): Complete the majority of the game with the turian squad member.
- Quarian Ally (Bronze): Complete the majority of the game with the quarian squad member.
- Asari Ally (Bronze): Complete the majority of the game with the asari squad member.
- Power Gamer (Bronze): Reach 50th level with one character.
- Extreme Power Gamer (Silver): Reach 60th level with one character.
- Renegade (Bronze): Accumulate 75% of total Renegade points.
- Paragon (Bronze): Accumulate 75% of total Paragon points.
- Paramour (Bronze): Complete any romance subplot.
- Spectre Inductee (Bronze): Become a Spectre.
- Charismatic (Bronze): Use Charm or Intimidate to resolve an impossible situation.
- Search and Rescue (Bronze): Locate Dr. T'soni in the Artemis Tau cluster.
- Colonial Savior (Silver): Complete the Bring Down the Sky mission.