Successfully complete the game to unlock the "Free Mission" option (play any mission using any airplane that was previously unlocked), more difficulty settings, the "Music Player" option (listen to any song), and the CG Viewer (view any intermission sequence). Successfully complete the game with "S" ranks on all missions on the Ace difficulty setting to change the saved game icon to the Razgriz F-14 Tomcat version. You will also get a special message from the game's developers during the final debriefing. Successfully complete all arcade mode stages and load your saved data in campaign mode. Mobius 1 can now pilot all 53 airplanes with paint schemes that were unlocked and used in campaign mode.Falken
Get the missing parts from missions 12a, 12b, 16a, 16b, and 27a to unlock the Falken. You must destroy the hangar of each mission. For mission 12a, follow the river north, then go east at the fork in the river. You must be close for the hangar to show appear on radar. For mission 12b, after taking out the four radar sites, destroy enough targets and the hangar will show up near the smokestacks. The one in mission 16a is between the field HQ and the airfield. Mission 16b has it west of the river, between the airfield and oil refinery (south of the north-most river). The part on mission 27 is very close to the gun tower, in front of the tunnel.F22A
Successfully complete arcade mode to unlock the F22A.X-02
Get all the other aircraft except for the Falken to unlock the X-02.Acquire upgraded fighters
You must fly the fighter that you want the upgrade for and acquire enough kills for the unlock. For example, if you want the Super F-14, you must take out the F-14B, fly several missions, and acquire enough kills to get the F-14A. Take out the F-14A and fly several missions with it until you get enough kills to acquire the Super F-14. This applies to all aircraft.Auto-pilot
While flying, hold L2 + R2 and the plane will go into auto pilot.Switch views
You can switch views by pressing R3.More accurate view
If you switch into cockpit view in some planes, you can see the machine gun that you are firing and therefore be more accurate with it. The F5 has two guns side by side. The gun on the A 10 is very powerful and accurate.Missile view
When firing a missile or a special weapon, hold Circle. The camera will now follow the missile/bomb until it hits the target. Note: Be careful or your airplane may crash.Easy kill rate experience
Unlock the "Free Flight" option and select it. Choose any mission and complete it. You can do this repeatedly and choose any plane on level 26 and 21 (were you can only select carrier jets). Note: The best mission to do this on is level 26 (Sea Of Chaos).Easy Osean and Razgriz paint schemes
Use the free flight missions to max out the F-15's kill rate. You will get the Osean and Razgriz paint schemes for all fighters and also unlock the F-15S/MID and F-15E.Auto-target shift
When locked onto an enemy, hold Triangle. Your view will automatically shift so that you are looking at the target that you are chasing. This is especially useful in dogfights.Use the enemy's own missiles against themselves
Note: This is only effective against enemy ground units. This is difficult to do and requires many practice runs. If you find yourself with a missile being shot at you, try to boost to the nearest enemy ground unit. Then, slow down and make sure not to go past the ground unit. As soon as you see the missile closing in on the radar, quickly boost towards the ground unit, and time it so that the missile will go past you and into the enemy unit. This is possible to accomplish with a lot of practice, but is extremely difficult to time correctly. Try using it on enemy ships first, as they are much larger than tanks. Then, work your way down the size scale until you can use it against all enemy ground or sea units. This will save you missiles if your ammunition is low, or you need to conserve as much as possible as in missions 16B, 12B, and 9.Get behind enemy
When you are being pursued from an enemy, dive down and do 360 degree spins. Watch your radar to see where the enemy is located. When you get behind the target on radar, pull up and you should be in range for a nice missile shot. This works well in dogfights.Destroying the Hrimfaxi
On the level where you have to destroy the Hrimfaxi (Demons Of Razgriz), choose an F-18 which has anti-ship missiles. Once you shoot the Hrimfaxi and it submerges again, fly high in the sky and come straight down to it. Then, switch to the anti-ship missiles and shoot it while you are coming down. The Hrimfaxi will not be in range to shoot you, but be careful not to crash into the water while you come down or get in range for the Hrimfaxi. Alternately, use free flight mode to get the kill rate on the F-22 maxed out. This will unlock the FB-22 Concept, which has rated 99 air to ground. The Sp Wpn is SODs. Use the FB-22 Concept to defeat the Scinfaxi and Hrimfaxi. The Scinfaxi is destroyed by four hits from a SOD, and the Hrimfaxi takes about six or more.
It is a lot easier to fight submarines and battleships if you fly very close to the water, as they cannot hit you as easily. This is very effective if you also fly very fast. Be careful not to crash into the water.Song decision
During one of the early stages of the campaign mode, Chopper will ask you about a song. Your next mission will depend on your answer ("Yes" or "No"). Also, at the end of the stage in which Edge gets rescued, Chopper will again ask you about the same song. Again, your "Yes" or "No" answer will decide which stage is next.Vertical flight in Mission 16A
Towards the end of the mission, a KC-10 and two E-676s appear, as well as several fighters. Once this happens, climb to 30,000 feet and fly towards the enemy formation. When you are directly above them, dive straight down into the enemy formation. When you do this, the KC-10 and E-767s will be climbing vertically up at you instead of flying at you horizontally as they would if approached normally.Ace Combat 4 reference
On the level before the last one entitled "Aces", Yuktobanian aicraft and others will join you to fight. There will be a large AWACS aircraft that says that it is AWACS "Oka Nieba" which means "Sky Eye". In Ace Combat 4, Sky Eye was the AWACS that called and gave orders to you.Aircraft
Complete the indicated goal to unlock the corresponding aircraft:
- A-10A Thunderbolt II: Successfully complete mission 7.
- A-6E Intruder: Successfully complete mission 4.
- EA-18G Growler: Get 90,200 points in the F/A-18E.
- EA-6B Prowler: Get 43,200 points in the A-6E.
- EF-2000 Typhoon: Successfully complete mission 16A.
- F-117A Nighthawk: Successfully complete mission 15.
- F-14A Tomcat: Successfully complete mission 9.
- F-14B Bomcat: Get 47,450 points in the F-14A.
- F-14D Super Tomcat: Get 56,250 in the F-14B.
- F-15C Eagle: Successfully complete mission 12A.
- F-15E Strike Eagle: Get 95,450 in the F-15C.
- F-15S/MTD: Get 95,450 in the F-15C.
- F-16 Block60: Get 65,450 points in the F-16C.
- F-16C Fighting Falcon: Successfully complete mission 6.
- F-16XL: Get 6,5450 points in the F-16C.
- F-20A Tigershark: Get 19,800 points in the F-5E.
- F-2A: Get 65,450 points in the F-16C.
- F-35C Joint Srike Fighter: Successfully complete mission 16A.
- F-4E Phantom II: Successfully complete mission 3.
- F-4G Wild Weasel: Get 12,800 points in the F-4E.
- F-4X: Get 47,450 points in the F-4G.
- F-5E Tiger II: Available from the start of the game.
- F/A-18C Hornet: Successfully complete mission 6.
- F/A-18E Super Hornet: Get 51,800 points in the F/A-18C.
- F/A-22A Raptor: Successfully complete mission 17.
- FALKEN: Destroy all FALKEN hangars and complete those missions on the normal or higher difficulty.
- FB-22 Concept: Get 123,200 points in the F/A-22A.
- Hawk T.1A: Successfully complete mission 19.
- JAS-39C Gripen: Successfully complete mission 15.
- MiG 1.44: Successfully complete mission 25.
- MiG-21-93: Get 80,000 points in the MiG-21bis.
- MiG-21bis Fishbed: Successfully complete mission 3.
- MiG-29A Fulcrum: Successfully complete mission 7.
- MiG-31 Foxhound: Successfully complete mission 9.
- MiG-31M: Get 65,450 points in the MiG-31.
- Mirage 2000: Successfully complete mission 7.
- Mirage 2000D: Get 35,000 points in the Mirage 2000.
- Rafale B: Get 46,000 points in the Rafale M.
- Rafale M: Successfully complete mission 16B.
- SU-27 Flanker: Successfully complete mission 12B.
- SU-32: Get 129,050 points in the SU-47.
- SU-32 Strike Flanker: 111,800 in the SU-27.
- SU-35 Super Flanker: 111,800 in the SU-27.
- SU-37 Terminator: 123,200 in the SU-35.
- SU-47 Berkut: Successfully complete mission 17.
- Tornado ECR: Get 56,250 in the Tornado Gr.Mk.1.
- Tornado F3: Get 56,250 in the Tornado Gr.Mk.1.
- Tornado Gr.Mk.1: Successfully complete mission 9.
- Tornado Gr.Mk.4: Get 56,250 in the Tornado Gr.Mk.1.
- X-02 Wyvern: Unlock and purchase at least one of every aircraft in the game.
- X-29A: Get 60,800 points in the F-20A.
- YA-10B: Get 85,050 points in the A-10A.
- YF-23A Black Widow II: Successfully complete mission 16B.
- Bronze Shooter : Destroy five enemy planes with the machine gun.
- Bronze Wing : Get an "S" rank on all missions on the normal difficulty setting.
- Desert Eagle : Do not allow more than three allies die in mission 16A or 16B.
- Bronze Ace : Destroy 200 enemy targets.
- Silver Ace : Destroy 500 enemy targets.
- Gold Ace : Destroy 1000 enemy targets.
- Gold Shooter : Shoot down fifty enemy planes with the machine gun.
- Gold Wing : Get an "S" rank on all missions on the expert difficulty setting.
- Grand Falcon : Shoot down all 16 named piloted planes on the normal or higher setting the second time through the game.
- Guardian : Shoot down ten enemies that have a missile lock on your wingman.
- Lightning Hammer : Protect all eight armored tanks.
- Needle's Eye : Get a "Perfect" rank from AWACS in all six landings and both refueling stages.
- Silver Shooter : Shoot down fifteen enemy planes with the machine gun.
- Silver Wing : Get an "S" rank on all missions on the hard difficulty setting.
Shoot down the indicated target or complete the listed task to unlock the paint for the corresponding aircraft. Note: All planes must be bought before the paint becomes available.
- EA-18G: ABELCAIN in Mission 16B.
- EA-6B: DUNE in Mission 10.
- F-14D: ZIPANG in Mission 3.
- F-22A: Clear Arcade Mode.
- F-2A: CYPHER in Mission 18.
- F-4G: MINDRIPPER in Mission 4.
- Falken: Complete Expert mode with all "S" ranks.
- FB-22: PROTEUS in Mission 17.
- Hawk: GIGANTOR in Mission 1.
- MIG-1.44: REPLICATOR in Mission 27+.
- MIG-21-93: SWORDKILL in Mission 23.
- MIG-31M: COSM in Mission 16A.
- MIR-2000D: ZAHARADA in Mission 6.
- Rafale B: DECODER in Mission 26.
- SU-37: YELLOW in Mission 27.
- TND-ECR: TWICE DEAD in Mission 18+.
- X-02: Complete Hard mode with all "S" ranks.
- X-29A: DAREDEVIL in Mission 15.
- YA-10B: DISTANTTHUNDER in Mission 25.