Search the indicated locations to find all 50 ID Tags. Collect all 50 ID Tags to get "The Taken" achievement. You can view which ID Tags you have collected under the map menu. Each ID Tag has its own name, which allows you to easily keep track of which ones are missing. The ID Tags are saved automatically when you collect them up. Thus, you do not need to collect them again if you die. Use the mission selection to obtain any missed collectibles.
Search the indicated locations to find all 10 Nostromo Logs. Collect all 10 Nostromo Logs to get the "Archivist" achievement. You can view which Nostromo Logs you have collected under the map menu. Each Nostromo Log has its own name, which allows you to easily keep track of which ones are missing. The Nostromo Logs are saved automatically when you collect them up. Thus, you do not need to collect them again if you die. Use the mission selection to obtain any missed collectibles. You should get the first eight Nostromo Logs in Free Roam during Mission 16. Simply load Mission 16, and ignore the main objective. The reason for doing it this way is that you need all of the tools that are unlocked later in the game. You get the level 3 access tuner in Mission 15. You can only get all Nostromo Log after this point. Certain tools are required to open doors. The way free roam works is that there are four Transit Stations: Lorenz Systech Spire, Sevastopol Scimed Tower, Solomon's Habitation Tower, and Engineering. You can travel between these areas using the train station (there is a red sign above each station that says where the train is going). Each of these areas have elevators that take you to the other side areas, such as Seegson Synthetics. When you scroll over an elevator on your map and zoom in, you can see where it will take you.
In Mission 2, after checking in with the android at Sevastopol Station, explore the station to find origami foil unicorns in various locations. This is a reference to another Ridley Scott film, Bladerunner, where Harrison Ford finds one at the end of the movie.Easy "100 Times Too Many" achievement
Play Mission 6 to easily get killed at the start before entering the chambers.Easy "Hide. Run. Survive." achievement
The part where the "Hide. Run. Survive." achievement begins is when you access the computer in Morley's office in Mission 5: The Quarantine. This is your main objective and unmissable. The Alien will then drop from the vents above. You cannot ever run or it will hear you. Only walk and crouch. Also, use your motion tracker to see the current location of the Alien. All you need to do is grab Morley's keycard from the corpse in Room A-29, then exit the area. The entire encounter will take around three minutes. You will get the "Hide. Run. Survive." achievement at the end of the mission. Note: If the Alien does see you, or is about to kill you, then quickly restart from the checkpoint.Easy "Just Out Of Reach" achievement
During Mission 4: Seegson Communications, you must not attack any of the androids (the robots that look like humans) or be grabbed, punched, or kicked by one. It is fine if they see you, as long as they do not make physical contact with you. If they do touch you, then start from the last saved game. You can run through most sections, but in some areas it is safer to sneak past the enemies (especially at the end). Pay attention to which points in the video you should run and when you should walk or crouch. Try to copy that as closely as possible to avoid any issues. It also does not matter if the Alien from the vents kills you.
Using the stun baton on human target counts as a kill; avoid using that weapon when trying to get the "Mercy Or Prudence?" achievement.Easy "Mind Your Step" achievement
During Mission 14: The Descent, you will have to take an elevator down to the Reactor Maintenance, which is basically an Alien Nest. The objective is to overcharge the Alpha Core and Beta Core. As soon as you have completed that objective, return to the elevator to exit the area. The game will automatically create a new save when you enter the Reactor Maintenance. Backup your save file with a USB flash drive or Xbox Cloud. In case you die, you can copy back your saved game file, and try it again without having to replay the entire mission. If you are quick enough, you can also restart the last checkpoint when you are about to die. However, there are some spiders in this area that will instantly kill you with one hit, and they are very hard to see because they are very small and move quickly. This is why it is recommended to back up your saved game. There are also some normal Aliens. Grab the flamethrower at the beginning of the Reactor Maintenance to easily kill the spiders and Aliens. Also, burn the Spider Pods before any enemy comes out of them.Easy "My Turn Now" achievement
At the start of Mission 4: Seegson Communications, as you go through the long hallway, you will see a friendly android (robot that looks like a human). Attack him a couple of times with the maintenance jack from behind. This will put the android in combat mode, and he will counter all frontal attacks. Run away and hide until the android goes back to his post. Then, sneak up to him again, and perform some strikes from behind. Keep repeating this until he is dead to get the "My Turn Now" achievement.Easy "One Shot" achievement
Play the game on the Novice difficulty. Quickly open the menu before you dying in order to continue. If you actually end up dying, do not load the current saved game. Instead, use the second option to load the previous save. Although this will resume the game further back, it prevents the death from counting.Easy "Stunned" achievement
To stun androids, you need to throw an EMP mine at them. The blueprints for this mine can be found in Chapter 4: Seegson Communications, in a sideroom of the area where you contact your team (you have to access a computer in the area and will see a cutscene). Craft the item through your weapon wheel, and throw it at one of the androids in this area. If you do not have the crafting materials at this point, there will still be many other encounters with androids. Just build an EMP mine when you have enough materials, and keep it in your inventory until you see an android again. Alternatively, you can also do this against humans by throwing a flashbang at them. The flashbang blueprints can be found in Chapter 3, in the area where you retrieve the new Data Cell.Easy "Survivor" achievement
The hardest difficulty available was added through a post-release patch, and is not required to get the "Survivor" achievement. Instead, successfully complete the game on the Hard difficulty to get the "Survivor" achievement.Achievements
Accomplish the indicated achievement to get the corresponding number of Gamerscore points:
- Awake (10 points): Completed "Closing the Book".
- Welcome to Sevastopol (10 points): Completed "Welcome to Sevastopol".
- A Hunt Begins (10 points): Completed "Encounters".
- You Shouldn't Be There. (10 points): Completed "Seegson Communications".
- How Do You Feel? (10 points): Completed "The Quarantine".
- Caught in the Trap (10 points): Completed "The Outbreak".
- An Outpost of Progress (10 points): Completed "Seegson Synthetics".
- Shock to the System (10 points): Used the stun baton.
- Bait (10 points): Completed "The Trap".
- Hazard Containment (10 points): Completed "Hazard Containment".
- A Synthetic Solution (10 points): Completed "A Synthetic Solution".
- Consultation (10 points): Completed "Consultation".
- Survivor (100 points): Completed the game on the hardest difficulty setting.
- Ripley, Signing Off (50 points): Completed the game on any difficulty setting.
- The Missing (10 points): Collected an ID tag.
- The Taken (40 points): Collected all ID tags.
- Archivist (40 points): Collected all Nostromo logs.
- Light 'em Up (10 points): Used the flamethrower.
- Just out of Reach (40 points): Contacted your team and escaped Comms without being attacked by an android.
- Use With Caution... (10 points): Used the shotgun.
- Every Bullet Counts (10 points): Used the revolver.
- Self Defense (10 points): Killed 10 humans.
- Not a Scratch (20 points): Escaped from android combat without taking damage.
- A Perfect Organism (10 points): Encountered the Alien in Sevastopol for the first time.
- She's in the Vents... (20 points): Used the vent system 20 times.
- I Admire its Purity (20 points): Detected 30 targets with the motion tracker.
- Build to Survive (5 points): Constructed an item.
- Mercy or Prudence? (50 points): Completed the game without killing any humans.
- Seegson Security Bypass (10 points): Performed 10 successful hacks.
- Seegson Systems Expert (10 points): Completed 10 minigames successfully.
- Power Games (10 points): Accessed 10 different rewire points.
- A True Engineer (20 points): Constructed one of each craftable item.
- A Record of Disaster (10 points): Collected an archive log.
- Voices of Sevastopol (40 points): Collected 100 archive logs.
- Fault Detected (20 points): Killed an Android.
- Throwing the Switch (10 points): Completed "The Descent".
- The Message (10 points): Completed "The Message".
- Hide. Run. Survive. (40 points): Completed "The Quarantine" without being killed by the Alien.
- Transmission (10 points): Completed "Transmission".
- One Shot (100 points): Completed the game without dying.
- Free the Torrens (10 points): Completed "Desolation".
- End of the Hunt (10 points): Completed "Tomorrow, Together".
- This Should Work (10 points): Used the bolt gun.
- My Turn Now (40 points): Killed an android using only the maintenance jack.
Additionally, there are six secret achievements:
- Retreat From Fire (20 points): Caused the Alien to retreat using a molotov.
- Back Off (10 points): Caused the Alien to retreat by using the flamethrower.
- Stunned (10 points): Knocked down a human or stunned an android with a non-lethal attack.
- Mind Your Step (20 points): Navigated Reactor Maintenance without dying.
- 100 Times Too Many (5 points): Killed by the Alien 100 times.
- Not the First (10 points): Turned off the beacon.