At the main menu, select the "Additional Content" option, and choose the "Promotion Code" selection. Then, enter one of the following case-sensitive codes to activate the corresponding cheat function:
Enter "2Eprunef", "2Tuw5esw", "6aPHuswe", "96CesuHu", "Cr34ufrE", "JeM8SpaW", "sa7eSUPR", "SpujeN7x", "tar3QuzU", "THaCupR4", "tr99pUkA", or "zUmU6Rup" as a case-sensitive code to unlock the "The Georgian", "The Bolivian", "Special Delivery", and "Le Français" missions. If you entered the correctly, the message "You have successfully unlocked the missions" will appear. Start a new game or continue a saved game. Pause the game, and display the "Map Legend" menu. You will see a new envelop legend labeled "Special Mission". Successfully complete the tutorial and a few missions. You will eventually get a phone call from a distorted voice that sends you on your "predecessor's tracks". Go to the envelop map legend location to find an old bus that is now a shack, and continue.
Start the game with a connection to Xbox Live. At the main menu, select the "Additional Content" option. Choose the "Exclusive Content" selection, then login with your Ubisoft account information or create a new account. After the game connects to the Ubisoft servers to verify your information, the message "ACCOUNT LINKING COMPLETE! Thank you for linking your Ubisoft account to your Xbox LIVE Gamertag. Special Machete. Unlock Special Machete" will appear. Press A to unlock the special machete. The message "The exclusive content was successfully unlocked" will appear. Return to the main menu. Select "Options", then select "Game". A new "Machete Type" option will appear. You now have access to the "Homemade" and "Primitive" machetes on the current profile.Golden AK-47 locations
Search the indicated locations to find the hidden golden AK-47s. Note: Put a golden AK-47 in a primary case so you never lose it.
Leboa-Sako (the northern first section explored during Act 1)
Go to the northwestern bus station, and drive down between the two mountains that are northeast of the southern guard station (the mountains just east of the Cattle Xing). Look on the southeastern side of the northern mountain to find a diamond briefcase and golden AK-47 by a couple of huts.
Go to the opposite side of the mountain (the eastern side), and look just north of the tree. This is a tree that looks like it is coming out of the mountain. There will be a rock formation next to the mountain that is basically forming a cave. Break the boards blocking entrance into this cave to find a golden AK-47 inside.
Go to the southeastern bus station. Drive north past the guard station onto the next map. Look around the weapon shop onto the adjacent road to the east. There is a dot on the map. Go to that dot (essentially the southeastern corner of this map). There is an abandoned shack there with a diamond briefcase inside, and next to it is a golden AK-47. -From: Keith McKenzie
Go to the southwest bus station. Drive northwest past the cell. Go in between the two mountains. Look on the northern side of the western mountain, nearly directly south of the guard station to the north. Go up this mountain by exploring the western side and moving your way east. Look along the edge of the mountain for a boarded-up cavern. Break the boards to find a golden AK-47 inside.
Go to the southeast bus station. Drive west toward the guard station, but then turn south toward the lake. Go to the lakefront, and look for the hut. Continue south from the hut, and keep looking at the mountain to your left. After you move through the water around a big rock, look left on the mountainside to see a row of green bushes. Walk through the bushes to find a golden AK-47 in a tight alcove.
Bowa-Seko (the southern second section explored during Act 2 and 3)
Go to the southwest bus station, and drive up to the TaeMoCo Mine. Search the road that runs east of the TaeMoCo Mine. Nearly directly east from the mine's center is a small abandoned outpost along the road. Jump through the back window, and search inside for a golden AK-47.
Go to the northeast bus station. Drive southeast along the road and past a couple guard stations. Enter the next map from the road furthest to the east. Go past the cell tower and safe house. Follow the river south just past the guard station. Explore the eastern side close to the mountain. You will find a small alcove marked with a red barrel. A golden AK-47 is directly behind it.
Take the bus to the northeast station. Drive through the Crash Site and west onto the next map section. Go west past Sediko. Connect with the road, and follow it west. Continue along this road until you reach the wishbone-like fork at the end. Go left toward the southern side, and reach the dot on the map at the end. It is a small outpost, which may contain enemies. Find the hang glider on the cliff. Look over the cliff to see a golden AK-47 just below.
After going through the Heart of Darkness, go south from the nearest safe house. As you move east toward the swamp, find a tree that has fallen over. It connects the northern and southern sides of the passage. Walk across the tree. A golden AK-47 is at the top.
When you do the job for the Jackal, be careful. If you do the mission with the blue square on it first, you will have to face all your past and present friends for a big showdown. Do not believe them when they say they have your back.Jackal choices
When going for the Jackal after you have completed the mission with the blue square on it, you must go to a shack where he is hiding. When you get into the shack, he will give you two choices. You can either take the diamonds or the car battery. If you take the diamonds, he tells you to take them and bribe the commander or take the car battery and fix the explosives. However, if you take the diamonds, be careful with the large hole in the middle. If you drop in, you will not be able to get out.Jackal tape locations
Tapes 1 through 8 can be found at these locations in Leboa-Sako (Northern District):
Tapes 9 through 16 can be found at these locations in Bowa-Seko (Southern District):
When you do the jobs for the UFLL and its enemy, and your friend tells you to do a favor for him or her, do it. You have already been paid in full and will come back to the original mission afterwards.Pass through walls
Note: This glitch requires an unpatched version of the game. Go up to a thin wall. Face directly at the wall, then take out your mortar. Rotate 180 degrees, and you should be on the other side of the wall. You can use this glitch to get to many previously unreachable locations.Grand Theft Auto: Vice City reference
At the main menu, select the map editor. Go to the "Item List", and look in "Utilities", then "Detail Objects". Look for an item called "Checkpoint". Place the one that has a square sign and is closed off. The sign reads "No Trespassing! Violators Will Be Shot. Survivors Will Be Shot Again." This is a direct quote that was on the last loading screen before entering the game in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.Achievements
Accomplish the indicated achievement to get the corresponding number of Gamerscore points:
- Stickin' it to the man (10 points): Kill a Faction Captain in Leboa-Sako - the Northern Territory.
- Wages of Conflict (10 points): Aquire all conflict diamonds in the game available through payment or exploration.
- Making friends (10 points): Save a Buddy from captivity.
- The best laid plans (10 points): Work with a Buddy to subvert a mission offered by a faction.
- Wanderer (10 points): Find all the Safe Houses in Leboa-Sako - the Northern Territory.
- Orienteer (10 points): Find all the Safe Houses in Bowa-Seko - the Southern Territory.
- Investigative Reporter (10 points): Turn over the first set of the Jackal's audio logs to the Journalist.
- Messenger (10 points): Complete all the available Underground side-quests in both the North and the South.
- Supply... (10 points): Unlock new weapons by hitting a Convoy.
- On the run (10 points): Escape the Town.
- Down but not out (10 points): Escape to Bowa-Seko - the Southern Territory.
- Weapon Specialist (10 points): Purchase the manuals and acquire the bandolier for one weapon.
- Bagman (10 points): Deliver stamped travel documents to the Underground in exchange for medicine.
- Lineman (20 points): Complete a Mission intercepted from a cellular tower signal.
- Dawa ya moto ni moto (20 points): Break the ceasefire and reignite the conflict.
- Lent a hand (20 points): Complete a Buddy side quest.
- Out of the frying pan... (20 points): Get rescued by a Buddy.
- Dr Livingston, I presume (20 points): Enter every 1 square kilometer map region of the world.
- Pulitzer material (20 points): Turn over all of the Jackal's audio logs to the Journalist.
- Weapons Expert (20 points): Purchase the manuals and acquire the bandoliers for every weapon.
- Playing both sides... (20 points): Switch sides in Leboa-Sako - the Northern Territory.
- ...against the middle (20 points): Switch sides in Bowa-Seko - the Southern Territory.
- ...and demand. (20 points): Unlock all weapons by hitting every Convoy.
- Prison escape (20 points): Escape torture at the old slave outpost.
- Last man standing (30 points): Wipe out the senior leadership of both Factions and determine who will be the new Warlords.
- ...into the fire. (30 points): Save a Buddy from a mortal wound.
- The third faction (30 points): Rescue all the Buddies from their respective predicaments.
- Ruthless (30 points): Subvert all the main faction missions in Leboa-Sako - the Northern Territory.
- Cold Blooded (30 points): Subvert all the main faction missions in Bowa-Seko - the Southern Territory.
- Utility Man (30 points): Complete all Missions intercepted from cellular tower signals.
- Good night sweet prince (40 points): Comfort a Buddy and ease his passing.
- Heart of Darkness (40 points): Enter the Heart of Darkness.
- The horror... the horror... (40 points): Resolve your conflict with the Jackal to facilitate the exodus.
- First Response Team (10 points): Get highest revives count in a ranked match.
- Hired Gun (20 points): Reach Rank 5 (Ranked Match).
- Superior Captain (10 points): Win a round as the Captain in Uprising mode (Ranked Match).
- Best in Class (20 points): Get highest xp total in one match (Ranked Match).
- War Party (20 points): Win a match with 16 players (Ranked Match).
- Upgraded Player (20 points): Upgrade one class 3 times (Ranked Match).
- Safari Tour (20 points): Play at least one full round in every Official Map (Ranked Match).
- Battle Hardened (20 points): Play at least one full round in every Game Mode (Ranked Match).
- Professional (30 points): Reach Rank 10 (Ranked Match).
- Mercenary (30 points): Reach Rank 20 (Ranked Match).
- Field Hospital (40 points): Get 500 revives (Ranked Match).
- Warlord (40 points): Achieve Rank 30 (Ranked Match).
- Soldier of Misfortune (40 points): Unlock field manuals for all weapons (Ranked match).
- Mapper (10 points): Create a map and get it validated in all game modes.
- Adventurer (20 points): Download and rate 25 usermaps.