During a face-off, press B several times. Your player will move farther into the circle. When the referee drops the puck, try to win the face-off. Your player will either take the puck by himself or he will tie up the other center and one of your other players can come and take the puck. This works approximately 75% of the time. The more times you press B, the more often it will work and vice versa.Spin Deke
Hold L and press Y, then move the Analog-stick Up or Down for the direction to spin to.High draft pick
Use the following trick to get a first round, thirty second round, thirty third round, thirty forth round, and thirty fifth round draft pick. Just trade your first pick for the team's first, second, third, fourth, and fifth round pick.Recommended players in Dynasty mode
Go to the free agents and sign all the top free agents, then select any players you do not want on your team with a high salary and go shopping for cheap players, such as Ovechkin, Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Cheechoo, Pominville, Vanek, Afinogenov, Tucker, Gionta, and Cambell. Look for young players with a salary under $800,000 that are signed for more than one year. The best value in the game are Ovechkin and Crosby, but it might not be possible to get these players unless you trade your franchise player or start with their respected teams.
Start with any team. After the first year, when selecting free agents, choose a player named S. Whitaker. He is 16 years old and has 99 potential. He starts off with 82 overall, but by the time he is 18, he will be a superstar with 99 overall.
Start with the Toronto Maple Leafs, then hit the free agent market. Pick up every player rated over 80 overall, then hit the trade market. First sign Tucker to a long term deal, along with White, Colaiacovo, Steen, Wellwood, and Peca. Trade Sundin, Oneill, Kilger, and a under 60 overall rated player for Ovechkin. Trade Raycroft, two 80+ rated free agents, and two 70 overall rated fourth line players for Martin Broduer. Trade Newbury, Battaglia, and Stajan for Pominville and Vanek. Trade Gill and Kubina for either Neidermeyer or Pronger (what ever you prefer). Trade a free agent rated 80+ overall for F Kaberle. You now have some very good top forwards who are young, fast, and cheap, along with four solid defenseman. Your team should look like this: G Broduer, Aubin F Ovechkin, Steen, Wellwood, Pominville, Vanek, Tucker, Peca, plus free agents and farm players (D. Mccabe, Neidermeyer, or Pronger; or T. Kaberle and F. Kaberle; or Colaiacovo and White). The game uses a three line strategy, so your fourth line can be filled with below average players.Achievements
Accomplish the indicated achievement to get the corresponding number of Gamerscore points:
- Passing Wizard (25 points): Have one player get 3 assists in Rookie mode in a game.
- Hat Trick in Rookie mode (25 points): Have a player get 3 goals in Rookie mode in a game.
- Powerplay Mastery (25 points): Score 2 goals on the Powerplay with the same player in Pro mode.
- Dangerous on the PK (25 points): Score a short handed goal in Pro mode.
- Score a goal in All Star mode (25 points): Score a goal in All Star mode.
- Powerplay Quarterback (25 points): Score a goal on the powerplay with a defenseman in All Star mode.
- Score a goal in Superstar mode (25 points): Score a goal in Superstar mode.
- Hat Trick in Superstar mode (50 points): Have a player get 3 goals in Superstar mode.
- Shutout in Superstar mode (50 points): Get a shutout in Superstar mode.
- Player scores 5 goals (50 points): Score 5 goals in a game with one player.
- Victory in Rookie mode (25 points): Win a game in Rookie mode vs. the CPU.
- Victory in Pro mode (25 points): Win a game in Pro mode vs. the CPU.
- Victory in All Star mode (25 points): Win a game in All Star mode vs. the CPU.
- Victory in Superstar mode (50 points): Win a game in Superstar mode vs. the CPU.
- Complete a ranked online game (25 points): Play and Complete an Online ranked game.
- Tournament Champion (50 points): Win a tournament with a minimum of 3 games played in All Star mode.
- Shootout Winner (25 points): Win a game in Shootout mode.
- Shootout Perfection (50 points): Win a shootout 2-0 without taking the third shot in the shootout.
- Finish a season in Dynasty mode (25 points): Complete a season in Dynasty mode.
- Earn 100 pts in a season (50 points): Your team must earn 100 points in a season in Dynasty mode.
- Win the President's Trophy (25 points): Come in first place overall during a season in Dynasty mode.
- Stanley Cup Champions (25 points): Win the Stanley Cup. A minimum of 10 games must be played during the playoffs.
- Complete Dynasty mode (50 points): Complete all 10 years of Dynasty mode.
- MVP (75 points): Have a player on your team win Most Valuable Player during a season in Dynasty mode.
- Playoff MVP (75 points): Have a player on your team win the Conn Smythe Trophy as Most Valuable Player during the playoffs.
- 10 game winning streak (75 points): Win 10 games in a row in Dynasty mode.