Enter Multiplayer mode and create a profile. Make an account on insomniacgames.com with the same name as your profile. Go online with the game, log on to the web site, select the "Edit Profile" option, then hold L2 and press Left, Down, Right, Left, Down, Up(2), Left to unlock the Mr. Sunshine skin in Multiplayer mode.Play as Vernon in Multiplayer mode
Enter Multiplayer mode and create a profile. Make an account on insomniacgames.com with the same name as your profile. Go online with the game, log on to the web site, select the "Edit Profile" option, then hold L2 and press Left, Right, Down, Left, Down, Up, Right, Up to unlock the Vernon skin in Multiplayer mode.Completion bonuses
Successfully complete the game and start Challenge mode to unlock the "Character Epilogues" and "Credits" options at the "Media" menu.Bonus skins
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding skin:
- "The Muscle": Collect 25 Glamour Stars
- Avenger: Win the Avenger Tournament
- Crusader: Win the Crusader Tournament
- Jak: Collect 50 Glamour Stars (in Co-Op Multiplayer only)
- Kid Nova: Collect 45 Glamour Stars
- King Claude: Collect 30 Glamour Stars
- LandShark: Collect 35 Glamour Stars
- Liberator: Win the Liberator Tournament
- Squidzor: Collect 40 Glamour Stars
- Starshield: Collect 60 Glamour Stars
- Venus: Collect 75 Glamour Stars
- Vernon: Collect 30 Glamour Stars
- Vindicator: Win the Vindicator Tournament
- W3RM: Collect 55 Glamour Stars
Successfully complete the game to unlock Exterminator mode.Ninja Ratchet
Collect all Exterminator cards to unlock Ninja Ratchet.Exterminator's cards
Successfully complete the indicated task to get the corresponding Exterminator card:
- Ace Hardlight: Get 400,000 Dread points.
- Eviscerator: Get over 100 Max Nanotech.
- Gleeman Vox: Get all Skill Points.
- Reactor: Buy all the Mega weapon versions, including the Harbringer.
- Shellshock: Get all weapons and Omega mods.
- Slugha (Vox's pet): Successfully complete all missions on the highest difficulty setting.
Collect the indicated number of Skill Points to unlock the corresponding bonus:
- Color Blind: 120 Skill Points
- Exterminator Bot Heads: 20 Skill Points
- Gangsta Guns: 10 Skill Points
- HUD Color: 5 Skill Points
- Kill Quark!: 105 Skill Points
- Mirrored World: 15 Skill Points
- Morph mod for your vehicle weapons: 140 Skill Points
- Remove Helmet: 15 Skill Points
- Super Bloom: 25 Skill Points
- Super Morphing Freeze Wrench: 35 Skill Points
- Weather: 60 Skill Points
Once you have the Dual Vipers upgraded to Dual Raptors, equip the Jackpot mod (two if you have them) and Shock mod. Go to the Endzone Challenge in the Battledome. Use the Raptors repeatedly. This is a good place to train any weapon. If you are doing the challenge with Dual Raptors, you should get a large amount of money quickly (about 6 million per play). Additionally, use the Magma or Vulcan Cannon and equip the Jackpot mods (as many as possible). Go to the Endzone Challenge and stand a good but close distance from the starting line and repeatedly fire. It is possible to get close to 3 million Bolts.Easy Bolts, Nanotech, and weapon upgrades
Go to the Endzone Challenge. This is much easier in Co-Op mode and you will get more Bolts. When it first starts, put four Holo/Omni Shields across the playing field. Then, have the other player go to the top of the playing field where the enemies come from and run back and forth (not shooting at all). Next, take out the Dual Raptors/Vipers and strafe towards where the enemies come from (basically spray and pray). The other player will pick up ammunition for you about every three seconds when you need it. This will get to v99 very fast, as will the Omni Shield Launcher. In Challenge mode if you are doing this only for the Bolts and Nanotech, a Bolt-multiplier at x20 should get about 10 to 20 million Bolts per round. You can use whatever weapon desired, as long as you have the Omni-Shields up (with no spaces in-between). When anything runs into the shields they will die or get frozen. Freeze mod is very helpful on the Omni Shield Launcher. Repeat this as many times as desired.Easy weapon experience
Use the following trick to easily upgrade the Mega Vulcan Cannon. When you get the Mega Vulcan Cannon in Challenge mode, go to planet Shaar and pick Wack-A-Swarmer. Then, walk forward to get the Mega Vulcan Cannon. You should get the weapon upgrades three or four times depending on how you are in your upgrade. Try using the Mega b11-Vaporizer.
In the Endzone challenge in Challenge mode, equip Exp mods on any Mega weapon and it will grow at a very fast rate. You may need to repeat this a few times, but it is worth it.Recommended weapon
Give the Leviathan Flail nine Area mods and one Speed mod. This will be one of the best weapon configurations if you like the way it works. Use the Charge Boots to get closer to an enemy, then smash it. Most of them will be dead with one hit. If not, use the Freeze mod as an Omega mod for bigger enemies. This is the best option for all arena battles, because one smash destroys almost everything. This weapon configuration is also very effective for small rooms and other narrow or small places. Do not worry about the ammunition; if you smash one time, three ammo boxes will be broken to refill the Flail's ammunition. Use the Hypersmash if you get too surrounded (jump then smash). If done correctly, the front and rear will be smashed.Controlling the way Exterminator Cards spin
Go to your containment suite when you have the cards. Press Triangle to view the cards. You can control which way your Exterminator Card spins by moving the Left Analog-stick Up and Down.Bolt multiplier reset
In Challenge mode, whenever you have any amount for the Bolt multiplier, take out the Holoshield Launcher or Omni-Shield Launcher. Shoot it, then jump through the Holoshield to reset your Bolt multiplier value back to 1.
Successfully complete one of the following tasks to get a trophy:
- Hero of the Shadow Sector (Platinum): Obtain all Ratchet: Deadlocked trophies.
- The Showstopper (Gold): Earn 200,000 Dread Points.
- 4 the Win! (Gold): Collect 4 Million Bolts.
- Perfect!? (Gold): Upgrade All Weapons to Level 10.
- Aiming is Overrated (Gold): Purchase the Harbinger Weapon.
- Maaaaadd Skills! (Gold): Earn All 165 Skill Points.
- Line 'em Up (Silver): Earn "In a Row" on Valix.
- Tri Me . . . .I Dare Ya! (Silver): Upgrade 3 Weapons to Level 10.
- Side Questing (Silver): Earn all the Skill Points on Torval.
- Show Me The Money (Silver): Earn "Show Me The Money" on the Ghost Station.
- The Price of Freedom (Silver): Earn 105 Skill Points.
- All 4 Me!? (Silver): Collect 400,000 Bolts.
- Nano-tastic! (Silver): Increase Nanotech to 50.
- Epic-Flail (Silver): Earn Medieval Power in Valix.
- Dome-mination (Silver): Earn All Skill Points in the Dreadzone Battledome.
- Dodge This . . . (Bronze): Upgrade Any Weapon to Level 10.
- What Are These 4? (Bronze): Collect 40,000 Bolts.
- Shock-King (Bronze): Earn the 'Can't Hit Me' Skill on Kronos.
- Meltdown (Bronze): Earn the 'Reactionary' Skill in the Battledome.
- Buggin' Out (Bronze): Earn the 'Eviscerator Raider' Skill in the Battledome.
- Ace Gets Clubbed (Bronze): Earn the 'Ace In The Hole' Skill in the Battledome.
- Rookie (Bronze): Earn "I Dare Ya!" on Catacrom Four.
- Skill Points are Blooming! (Bronze): Earn 60 Skill Points.
- Runway Robots (Bronze): Earn 'Dead Again' in Battledome.
- Going Nowhere Fast (Bronze): Earn 50,000 Dread Points.
- Selective Shooting (Bronze): Earn the 'Fodder Follies' Skill on the Ghost Station.
- Cat Scratch Fever (Bronze): Earn the 'Speed Bumps' Skill on Planet Maraxus.
- Spotless (Bronze): Earn the 'Not a Scratch' Skill on Planet Torval.
- Death From Above (Bronze): Earn the 'Schooled' Skill on the Valix Belt.
- Landstalker Talkin' (Bronze): Earn the 'Light Speed' Skill on Planet Orxon.
- Gut Wrencher (Bronze): Earn the 'Low Blow' Skill on Planet Stygia.